Sunday, March 9, 2014

NOTHING SAYS I LOVE YOU LIKE A MILK-BONE BISCUIT!!



What?  
I was all set to write about something else when I saw this ad about love and dog food.

How many words can we ruin in one language?
God--gone, ruined
Diversity--ruined
Amazing--ruined

Ruined-- meaning it now has no meaning.  Trivialized.  Made not specific.
Used without thought.  Sloppy talk.  

I'm sure you know many others. (please send)
But I too have been numbed out about the use of the word "love".
I mean, Valentine's day sort of clobbers the love word.

But who knows why, today, on my way to write you, this ad for dog food and love got to me.

Yes, we do mistake food for love.  Look how fat we are becoming.
And cars and hand bags and shoes and social connections.
These are not love people.

I'll tell you what says love to me:
Kindness
Tolerance
Compassion
Engagement
Active care for the common good
Listening to words that are hard to hear
Openness to being part of the problem
Seeing me for who I am
Enjoying being together

Please add to this list but do not think dog biscuits mean love even for your dog.  Poor baby culture-- maybe we are going to the dogs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment