Monday, May 19, 2014

YOU DON'T HAVE TO "FRIEND" ME OR "LIKE" ME



I just want you to read my work!!  
If it interests you.
And I do want you to share it with others who might enjoy it.
It's my forum to talk and think with you.

BUT I get stubborn and bashful and repelled by asking you to "friend" me or to "like" my stuff.  Friendship emerges.  Liking is voluntary.  I hate coercion or pressure on me or anyone else.  

And yet I love the connectedness and spontaneity of social media.
The creativity. The freedom. The egalitarian nature inherent in it.
So much good possible. So I shrug and use the terms that are given.

"Like me." Send me Valentines. Ask me to the Prom. Be my best friend (one of all hundred best friends) Sign my autograph book. Otherwise how will I know I'm OK?  Ugh, ugh, ugh, a thousand times ugh.  Am I the only one who feels this way?

This is my disclaimer.  
I do ask you to read my work
I want you to read my work.
I want you to like my work.
I want my work to be useful to you
I want you to share my work.

You don't have to like me or be my friend.
Possible, not mandatory










1 comment: