Monday, June 9, 2014

HERE COMES ANOTHER TRANSITION!


Really?  Can't I just coast for a while.
Do I really have to develop and grow?
How about a little stagnation?

Not my karma this time around.
I am always having to re-balance to stay on the surf board. (Totally goofy analogy for me) Still you get the idea.  Adjust or tumble.

I should know that any decade birthday brings new letting go work.
But I had to laugh at the lesson that plopped in my lap from a 17th Century nun.

---from Light the Flame by Andrew Harvey

"I am
growing older and will someday be old. Keep me
from
the fatal habit of thinking I must say something on 
every 
subject and on every occasion. Release me from the
craving
to straighten out everybody's affairs. Make me 
thoughtful
But not moody, helpful but not bossy. With my vast
store of
wisdom, it seems a pity not to use it all but,
Lord knows
I want a few friends in the end. 

Keep my mind free of recital of endless details: give
me
wings to get to the point
seal my lips on my aches 
and pains.  
They are increasing and my love of rehearsing
them is becoming sweeter

Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally I may be mistaken
I dare not ask for improved memory, but for 
growing 
humility and a lessening cocksureness when my 
memory clashes with others

Keep me reasonably sweet; I do not want to be 
Saint--
some of them are so hard to live with--but a sour
old person is one of the crowning works of the devil

Give me the ability to see good thinks in unexpected
places, and talents in unexpected people. And give
me,
Lord, the grace to tell them so."


My new manifesto!!


1 comment:

  1. I sure needed to read this today, Joyce! Thanks for the new manifesto!

    ReplyDelete