Monday, August 31, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!


January 1st just doesn't do it for me as a "new" year.  I approach it with a kind of regret orientation or obligation.  "OK, I'm soaked in sugar and glutted with too much stuff and now I'm supposed to get on a major self-improvement program!"  I don't think so. I'm usually ready for hibernation which is a great form of denial.

Now September 1st is a different story.  From years of back to school ritual, I am ready for a true new year.  Ready for:

--Going into something new, never done before.

--Being with new people (like them or not)

--To learn, to be in an environment that makes me learn and stretch

--To face a few fears (nothing more courageous than a first day Kindergartner)

--To take action and work after a Summer slump--the good kind

--For the support of new books and maybe shoes to highlight the challenge

That's how a New Year should look and for me it's September.
Let's hear it for the life long learners who start a new year whenever they want!!

No comments:

Post a Comment