Monday, January 18, 2016

I WILL ALWAYS DANCE IN THE KITCHEN


I'm a kitchen dancer with kids, with grandchildren, with my husband.  
When the happiness gets to be too much and there is a good song, then one has to dance.
And the kitchen is where joy is.
Was thinking about how I have never felt any age for long. Changes by the hour.
My parents never did notice their are and died surprised that they were mortal.
Anyway, I wrote the following reflection:



KITCHEN DANCER

I am known for a kind of joy I carry
Nothing makes me happier than a rule well broken
Just a little naughtiness makes my day
And so I don't act my age
Mainly because I don't know it
But I've decided to let myself get older
More deep peace
More forgiveness
More letting go of achievement
More noodling on the miracles
But I will always dance in the kitchen
And break a rule that needs it

1 comment: