Monday, September 2, 2013

NOT EVERYBODY HAS A DREAM




I have a dream but---

Who am I to have a dream?
I wonder if its worth the effort
I want to take care of myself and work less
It evaporates when I talk about it
Someone criticized it when I first mentioned it
I am too old to pursue it
I don't have to time for it
I don't have the skill to do it
I assume the cynicism of the world will kill it
I don't want to be exposed
I'm a private person
I don't have the money
No one is interested in it
I know it isn't practical
I put it on the shelf for later
I'ts  too grandiose 
I'm not that special and neither is my dream
Who cares, everybody has dreams


GUESS WHAT?  NOT EVERYBODY DOES HAVE A DREAM.
So if you do, get over it and get on with it.

What are your reasons to give up your dream?
I just shared some of mine!!
Get them out of your head where you can look at them.
And guess what?  With or without a dream most of  the above could be true.
Could.
So why not work the dream?
Might be easier than working to let it go.

With MLK in mind

No comments:

Post a Comment