Monday, January 13, 2014

TRUDGERY DRUDGERY DOO

I don't know if it's because we're heading into February or because of holiday let down, but I've got that trudge feeling.

I remember climbing a long long long rickety wooden staircase in a jungle in Thailand.  I was out of shape and probably had some heart stuff going on.
I had to use "Trudge Rules" to make it. 

--Don't look up.  
Go 25 steps and stop for a count of 5.
Don't think about how you ended up facing this challenge.
Don't think about how other people are doing (charging up the stairs)
Don't think about where the top of the steps is.
Look around and enjoy during the 5 step rest.
Do not break your forward moving rhythm.
Keep it manageable if not pleasurable.
Work within your own capacity--

That's how I got to the top.
No drama.
No crisis.

Never underestimate the power of trudging.
It will take you places you thought you couldn't reach.
Stretch can come a step at a time.
Grand goals can come with steady pacing.
Getting to the top can be boringly methodical.

"Trudge Rules" rule!!!





1 comment: