Monday, September 15, 2014

FATE IN ACTION


I've been wrestling with why using social media makes me cringe.
(Actually I've made other people cringe which then makes me cringe)

One reason is I have been such an unconnected friend from so many former lives/eras.  And it seems odd/rude to suddenly pop up with a jaunty 'friend me'
out of nowhere.  

Another reason is 'like me' is somewhere in between Valentine's desperation day and marketing as in making a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Sorry to say it, but we are ALL not THAT special.  

The third reason is I'm so bad and unskilled at using various social media and so I do 'wild and crazy' things, not meaning too. Some of which are funny and some, not so much.

Fourth, plain simple modesty. I think it's a good thing. I have too many 
executive clients trying to learn to be loud and assertive and to give up being modestly very good at what they do.  

It has already become on trend to unplug. It will be fun to see how that
morphs into a connected way to disconnect.

In the meantime, I have enjoyed the random surprises that come my way when I pick- a- face- any -face.  So I call it Fate in Action.  The name or face that appears is the name and face that should appear and I reach out or say "yes"  When the overly conflicted student is ready the teacher appears. 
And great lessons in humility follow.




No comments:

Post a Comment