Monday, September 29, 2014

VACATION SUCKED!


Monday--not doing so well on challenge.
Wake up to husband measuring windows for possible replacement
(passive aggressive?)  No, just narrow focus on a goal.  
Sums up my week though. 

I did minimal computer work but missed it.I have to admit that coming to the computer does feel like a vacation. MY world.  My choice what to do.  Refreshing surprises.  Manageable Comforting.  No wonder we run to them.  Like a pacifier. Self-soothing.  

 I did stay up til 1:30 every night reading and speed watching Mad Men with not thought of "having" to go to bed.  Not the sort of soulless fodder to gorge on before bed. I had a Mad Men hangover every morning. Almost made me want to smoke too.  

Lessons learned:

--My computer is fun. Don't want or need a break from it. In fact I did a virtual college reunion last week when I and others couldn't go in person.  It made for a better, deeper connection among whole group. We wrote questions and memories for the 3 day event.

--Hard to take big break when your spouse isn't. Being under on roof takes  
  coordination and contact.  And he was great at keeping it minimal.

--The universe frequently has ironic humor. Went for an indulgent facial.
   Two hours!! Left with warning about cancerous spot that needs immediate a
   action!!

--Sweet surprise moments are just as good as a vacation. More refreshing.
  A slow walk (not exercise) with my husband, musing about everything.
  Watching a TV football game with my 18 month old granddaughter on my lap
  (content and not squirming)

--A creative collaborative meeting with the woman who is working with me 
  on my book--I PRAY ANYWAY--Devotions for the Ambivalent.  No vacation is 
  better than creative collaboration

--Working too hard to have a vacation isn't one

So vacation sucked, but life was good





1 comment:

  1. Laughing out loud as I read this. You transfer your personality so well in your writing Joyce! Sending great thoughts your way regarding that facial find, that does suck!

    ReplyDelete