Monday, February 9, 2015

DOES YOUR OWN BRAIN ENTERTAIN YOU?


You already know I am a bookworm, I think. I have a busy brain that ranges widely. I don't bore easily and I seem to have a good
innate nose for what interests me.  In other words, I'm picky but still rarely dissatisfied with a book, an interest, an article, or a new approach. But if I am not interested, I give up easily because I can count on finding something better.

Back in the day of having to lug books rather than an iPad I always traveled with at least seven books or I would get nervous about my next fix.  I'm either very eclectic or just nuts. For instance today, I read about Christian women mystics,
The 22 immutable Laws of MarketingAll  the Light We Cannot See, every wedding announcement in the New York Times, The Book Review, a wonderful Mexican cook book, and an article on book design and fonts.  

I've always wondered what I would do if I couldn't get to books or vice-versa and if I had enough in my own brain to keep me entertained. (Should I admit this? It's true.)

Anyway for those of you who want to pack your brains with stuff to think about if the books run out, I recommend this site  brainpickings.org  Go to it.  Click on anything that tickles your fancy. Then do it again. And again. Only going where your curiosity gets piqued. Then let your brain do its thing--juggle it all around and put it together differently to entertain you.

My entertainment for the day---Can your nose smell the inside of your nose??

No comments:

Post a Comment