Monday, November 23, 2015

THANKSGIVING MENU


Like many of you, I honor my relatives with carrying their dishes forward on Thanksgiving in the US.
I do wish every country celebrated a "thanksgiving" on the same day.
Food and family as a break for peace

MY THANKSGIVING MENU (and those who first made or inspired the dishes) 

Spiced sweet and salty nuts--me
White bean hummus with rosemary--me
Dark Swedish crackers--daughter-in-law

Turkey--17 pounder--dad
Stuffing--mushroom, celery, onion, turkey seasoning from cute yellow box--my mom's
Mashed potatoes and gravy--my mom's
Candied sweet potatoes--sauted pieces in butter and brown sugar glaze-my mom's
Brussel sprouts--new
Green Salad with pear and walnuts--new
Creamed onions--my grandmother
Rolls--my sister-in-law 
Relishes--regular ol' black olives and Spanish olives--my dad
Canned cranberry jelly-who knows
Cranberry ice--my mom
Cranberry relish--with Lime and Jalepenos--mine
Pumpkin cheese cake with gingersnap crust--my daughters
Pumpkin pie with whipped cream--my mom

Mandatory walk on the beach and then home to leftovers.


No comments:

Post a Comment