Monday, November 16, 2015

THIS NO TIME TO BE BASHFUL


Mama, mama, mama.  
So. My book(iprayanywaydevotionsfortheambivalent) will be available on Amazon the first week in December. Yes, I wrote it in a blur on purpose.

I want everyone to read it. Sort of.
Maybe everyone that I don't know.
So shhhhh.  Don't tell anyone about it, ok?
Is this some reverse marketing ploy?
No. It's me being bashful.
It's me wanting to wait a minute til the book is just like I want it.
It's me wondering why I didn't write a book about leadership where I have some expertise. I would not be one bit bashful about that.

So why bashful?
Or reluctant?

Here are my demons:
-I don't care if you pray or not. I didn't for years. I wrote it to talk out loud to myself, I think, and decided to share it.
-It does have 365 prayers, thoughts, poems. I still don't know what to call them.
-I've been told it's very intimate and revealing of who I am. Readers ask if I'm worried about that. (Not until they asked)
-My daughter tells me I'm not ambivalent. Well that kind of kills the concept doesn't it? 
-The cover doesn't fit the content but I like red (wait til you see what I chose)
-I cringe so often now that when I read it for corrections  I have to ask  my writing colleague to make the decisions. (Normal writing demon, I think)

But there comes a time. Worrying about this book is sort of like obsessing about what to wear to a wedding when you know only the bride will be looked at.
Most books don't get read anyway. (I'm being so bad)

Please buy and read this book.
There.
I have to get used to saying that sentence.

I asked you to push me off the diving board. Here I go-------


1 comment: