Monday, April 18, 2016

I'VE HAD THE MOST PERFECT DAY!



Remember when I wrote about my friend and I ending our complaint sessions with an ironic "Aren't We Lucky" statement that turned itself into the real
reminder that we are, indeed, lucky?

Well the other night, not at all feeling like counting any darn blessings, I decided to do the same kind of slight of mind approach.

I took the unrest and irritation with the day and changed the title to
I'VE HAD THE MOST PERFECT DAY.

Here's what translated transpired, transformed:


LOUSY DAMN DAY
--I did not get done what I wanted to get done
--I did not exercise, lazy me
--I hated spending time talking to a constant complainer in my life (of course, not you)
--I had to do a major cleaning of big spills in the refrigerator and resented it
--I did not enjoy the beauty that surrounds me. I stayed inside during a gorgeous day
--I worried vaguely about people I love in my life
--I cooked lousy food with bad leftovers
--I couldn't make up my mind about a work project

MOST PERFECT DAY
--I have so many interesting things to do that I can't do them all
--I rested my body
--I gave to someone who needed giving to
--I have such abundance in my refrigerator that I spilled some and it didnt' matter
--I have beauty close at hand that i can step into whenever I want
--I am rich with people I love who share their struggles with me
--I am lucky to have leftovers (too much) and used them rather than waste them
--I gave my mind a break from decisions. They'll come in their own time

Who am I Pollyanna?  Pollyannawannaabe! You bet. Life is too short to see it
as faulty.  Me as too faulty. You as too faulty


PS--I mean business about Questions for the Maven.  I gave an email address because I want questions.  I gave an email address because I want to ensure privacy and just don't always trust social media because I don't know how to guarantee it. And I can find you a maven when you need one too. Lots of good women mavens in my life ready to support "youngsters" (under 55, let's say).

No comments:

Post a Comment