Monday, July 18, 2016

BEING LAZY MAKES LIFE WORTHWHILE




I was visiting my Portland Oregon
daughter a couple of weeks ago and I had a ‘truth burp’. (My adult kids are used to it and either moan or write them down.) Kayla said,
“Stop. I want to write this one down. I need it as a mantra.” 

I often don’t remember a ‘truth burp’. Here is what she said I said-- “Laziness makes life worth living”. It came out when she was bemoaning having a huge garden, fun to create and horrible to maintain and beating herself up for being lazy. The timing was just right and we a good spurty laugh together.

So BEING LAZY MAKES LIFE WORTH LIVING and I mean it.
Lazy=”lack of effort, lack of activity, unwillingness to use energy”.
There is no creativity or production without an equal and opposite amount of inactivity. 

Yesterday I had a lazy Sunday morning.
I read a book about Mexico for no good reason.
I Played a game of Farm Heroes
I read the New York Times Book Review
I wrote a reflection/poem for new book.
I wasn’t pushed to do any of that.  Four hours of meandering.
Lots of staring into space.

It fueled me for now where I am now, meeting a writing deadline while babysitting for my granddaughter who I stashed into a water-filled storage bin so I could write out under a tree. I got three new ideas and made one important decision. AFTER some lazy time.
It’s Summer for Pete’s sake. Hurry up and get lazy. (There’s an oxymoron.) So, try a little lethargy.



No comments:

Post a Comment