Sunday, July 10, 2016

HOW CAN I HATE YOU? LET ME COUNT THE WAYS!


Yes, that title is fueled by recent heart sickening killings in the United States this past week. And, yes, it is fueled by my feeling of impotence to cause the deep world wide shift needed for this dear globe of ours to survive much less flourish.

How Can I Hate You? Let Me Count the Ways:
I can hate you for loving people I think you shouldn't love
I can hate you because I was taught to hate you
I can hate you because your skin color scares me
I can hate you because you live on the wrong side of a borderline
I can hate you because your family wronged my family
I can hate you because you broke my heart
I can hate you because I'm jealous of your undeserved abundance
I can hate you because you hate me
I can hate you because you eat funny foo
I can hate you because I'm scared you might take what is mine
I can hate you because I'm right and you are wrong
I can hate you because you chew with your mouth open

We are so good at hate. It is a learned skill. So easy to learn. And easy to justify.

The skill of love over hate is so much harder. I'm not talking about the easy joyful pleasureful love. I'm talking about a tough to create pause for love, that nano-second in which we decide to love or hate. That moment of allowing someone to be equally important and as real and as human as we are even if we don't think so at the time. Idealistic? Very. Scary? Very. Possibility of being a victim? Yes. Therefore,  we need to love like warriors and train like warriors. Black Belts in love. Able to defend, never to be the aggressor  and able to shift the energy. Think Star Wars.

No comments:

Post a Comment