Sunday, July 2, 2017

THOUGHT BEFORE GOING OFFLINE FOR THE WEEK



As I head to vacation, here is my thought.

So many people are just darned good and nice.
I've bumped into many this week.
I had to go to the DMV to renew my driver's license. It was the last day before the possible shutdown of Maine's government.
I had 68 people before my number would be called.
The place was short staffed.
The atmosphere was not bored and resigned to bureaucracy as it is usually.
The information desk guy was out and about checking with each person about whether or not they had the right paperwork with them.
People were exchanging numbers based on need.
The atmosphere was jolly and helpful, one person to another.
Names were exchanged. Hobbies were shared. It was like a neighborhood gathering. 
Goodwill winning over governmental craziness.

My husband couldn't find his way to the entrance to a doctor's office.
He parked his car on the side of the road with blinkers on and walked up the grass hill to the office.
A nice nurse went out to the care with the keys and put it in the parking lot.
Two cars had already stopped to see if help was needed.

We--world wide--are good people.  What we need is good leaders--competent and moral and wanting to serve.  We deserve it.

Here I go.
Offline
Splash

No comments:

Post a Comment